Deadlines and Important Information
The 2021 application submission cycle has begun!
The NIH will accept applications on September 1, 2020. Applications are limited to one per year. The deadline for applications is November 20, 2020, 8pm EST. Potential applicants should carefully read the general eligibility requirements, plus the requirements under each funding announcement. Questions concerning eligibility should be discussed with NIH staff. Find the appropriate contact at the Contact and Engage page.
The five LRP Program Announcements for the 2021 cycle are:
- NOT-OD-20-133 – LRP for Clinical Researchers (LRP-CR)
- NOT-OD-20-134 – Clinical Research LRP for Individuals from Disadvantaged Backgrounds (LRP-IDB)
- NOT-OD-20-135 – LRP for Contraception and Infertility Research (LRP-CIR)
- NOT-OD-20-136 – LRP for Pediatric Research (LRP-PR)
- NOT-OD-20-137 – LRP for Health Disparities Research (LRP-HDR)
*While completing the online application, the Institutional Approver for Columbia University is William Berger at firstname.lastname@example.org of Sponsored Projects Administration.
For all details of the NIH Loan Repayment Program, refer to the website at:
It is best to contact NIH directly for questions concerning eligibility. Refer to Contact & Engage page for contact information.