Town Hall: Important Upcoming Changes for NSF Proposals and Awards
Our office will be hosting a town hall on Wednesday, December 14th at 2pm EST to review very important upcoming changes to NSF proposals and awards, taking effect for proposals submitted or due on or after January 30, 2023 as stated in NSF’s revised version of the NSF Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide (PAPPG) (NSF 23-1).
To register for the town hall on December 14th, register here, using a Columbia-affiliated email address.
The town hall agenda will include, but is not limited to:
- Revisions to the Biographical Sketch and Current and Pending Support formats to require certifications from the individual (as required by the 2021 National Defense Authorization Act, Section 223) regarding information being accurate, current, and complete.
- In addition, NSF program officers will request updated Current and Pending Support information prior to making a funding recommendations.
- Requirement for field or other off-site research proposals to have a plan specific to that proposal to address Safe and Inclusive Working Environments for Off-Campus and Off-Site Research.
- Expansion of training to faculty and other senior personnel in the Responsible and Ethical Conduct of Research (RECR) as of July 31, 2023.
We encourage you to review:
- NSF’s Video and slide deck (presented Nov. 17, 2022) on the Revisions to the PAPPG (NSF 23-1)
- The full, revised PAPPG
- Summary of changes
For questions, please feel free to contact your SPA Project Officer.
December 02, 2022