Sponsored Projects Forms
Subawardee compliance with PHS Financial COI regulations, which became effective 8/24/12, must be verified for each proposed subrecipient prior to the submission of any grant or contract proposal. COI Verification can be done one of two ways:
- First, check that the proposed subrecipient is listed in the Federal Demonstration Partnership (FDP) Institutional Clearinghouse.
- If the entity is not in the Clearinghouse, then it must complete the Columbia University Subrecipient Conflict of Interest Form. Provide the completed form to the SPA Project Officer (PO) handling the review and submission of the application.
In the event a subrecipient indicates during proposal submission that they do not have, but will have, a COI policy in place prior to award, this can be verified by its listing in the FDP Institutional Clearinghouse or by use of the Follow-Up Subrecipient Conflict of Interest Form:
In very unusual circumstances, Principal Investigators can request that subrecipients be covered under Columbia's COI policy. This form is to be used to request that such an exception be granted for a particular subrecipient on a specific project.
Columbia University's policy on Sponsored Projects Subawards and Subrecipient Monitoring can be found in the Administrative Policy Library.
To make a subaward request after an award has been made, use the IPASS form. The IPASS form is used by the SPA Subawards Team to issue Subawards Agreements and Amendments.
- Subaward Face Page - to be completed by each proposed subrecipient during proposal submission when Columbia is the pass-through entity.
- INBOUND Subaward Face Page - an option to use when another institution acts as the pass-through entity, and Columbia University will be a subrecipient. This form can be used if requested.
- Pre-award Assessment of the Proposed Subawards - to be completed when the aggregate amount of all proposed subrecipients in a grant or contract proposal exceeds 50% of the total prime award. Must be provided to SPA Project Officer prior to proposal submission.
- If the proposed project includes international subrecipients, please refer to the International Research Procedures and complete the International Research Questionnaire (IRQ) found in the Administrative Policy Library.
- Other Subaward Forms at award issuance (Attachments 3A,3B, etc).
When Columbia University receives a Notice of Award (NoA) for a proposal that included subawards:
Submit a Subaward Request Form, which is part of the SPA IPASS Form. Complete this form and attach a detailed budget, justification, statement of work, Subrecipient IRB/IACUC, and completed Attachment 3A and Attachment 3B.
Attachments 3A & 3B
To be included in the Research Subaward Agreement:
Most forms that require institutional approval (IRB, IACUC, Conflict of Interest, etc.) can be found in Rascal. Here are direct links to the Offices involved for further guidance:
- Human Research Protection Office / IRBs (use Rascal)
- IACUC (use Rascal)
- Environmental Health & Safety (use Rascal)
You can request the Business Systems division of SPA for grants data. Download and submit the following request to SPA-eBiz@columbia.edu:
Report Requests for Training Grants
SPA can assist you with producing one of the tables required for NRSA Training Grant applications: "Institutional Training Grant Support Available to Participating Faculty Members, Department(s), or Program(s)" (known as "Table 3"). This table is required for New and Competing NIH training grant applications. In order to receive this assistance, please complete the following excel form and return it to SPA Business Systems (SPA-eBiz@columbia.edu) every time you submit a new or competing continuation training grant application.
As part of processing University appointments, a signed Invention Agreement Letter is required for all full time Officers of Instruction, salaried Officers of Research, Postdoctoral Clinical and Research Fellows, Student Officers of Research and Graduate Students who receive stipends from pre-doctoral training grants or from individual pre-doctoral fellowships.
- Information regarding the Invention Agreement Letter (rev 2/22/18)
- Invention Agreement Letter (rev 2/22/18)
- Sample Cover Letter