The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has started the process of posting Parent Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs) with the new FORMS-E packages. This process will continue throughout November. Note that the new Parent FOAs with FORMS-E released at this time have been labeled as either “Clinical Trial Required” or “Clinical Trial Not Allowed.”
Please ensure you proceed as follows:
- Determine if your project meets the NIH definition of a clinical trial.
- Select the appropriate FOA.
- See NIH’s Plan for Clinical Trial Specific Parent R01 and Parent R21 FOAs.
- See Clinical Trials: Special Considerations for Career Development, Fellowship, Training, and Research Education Programs.
- Ensure you are using FORMS-E for NIH Proposals due on or after January 25, 2018.
Due to the complexity of the FORMS-E, we strongly suggest that you submit your proposals early and encourage submission five business days prior to the NIH deadline.
Additionally, please communicate your plans to submit NIH proposals to your administrator and your SPA Project Officer as soon as possible.
We will continue to provide updates throughout this critical transition. If you have any questions or need additional information please contact your SPA Project Officer.