NIH Proposal Information
Below are the most essential links for preparing an NIH application. Contact your assigned SPA Project Officer should you have any questions concerning the NIH proposal submission process.
New NIH "FORMS-G" Grant Application Forms and Instructions Required for Due Dates on or after January 25, 2022
Annotated Form Sets - These documents are a great visual resource for understanding many of the business rule checks NIH will run against your submitted application.
FOAs: Parent Announcements (Unsolicited Funding Opportunity Announcements)
- Clinical Trial Dissemination Plan (section 4.7 of Study Record) - NEW (9/25/2018)
NIH Training Resources:
- FAQs on the PHS Human Subjects/Clinical Trial Form
- Training Resources on all Clinical Trial Policies
- Clinical Trial Decision Tree
- One Page - Clinical Trial Decision Tree
- Definition of Clinical Trial FAQs
- Case Studies
- How Do You Define a “Study” for the Purposes of Providing Information on the PHS Human Subject and Clinical Trial Form?
Past Columbia Trainings:
- P&S Information Session 1/17/2018
- School of Nursing presentation 1/10/2018
- Dept of Psychiatry 12/18/2017 (NOTE this presentation was specific to NYSPI/RFMH internal policies as opposed to Columbia SPA policies)
- CU College of Dental Medicine presentation 12/15/2017
- MSPH presentation 12/12/2017 (slides)
- NEW NIH PHS Human Subjects & Clinical Trials Form:
Webinar on NIH FORMS-F and policy changes:
- See webinar conducted on 5/20/2020.
- Discussion Guide for Career Development and Fellowship Applicants on Rigor & Reproducibility skills. Also see ReaDI Program for more information and resources.
- FORMS-F Checklists - courtesy of the VP&S Office for Research
- NIH's PHS Human Subjects and Clinical Trials Information Form Walk-through video