Teachers College President, Thomas Bailey, Barnard College Provost, Linda Bell, Columbia University EVP for Research, Jeannette Wing, and Senior Vice Provost for Faculty Advancement, Dennis Mitchell, present TCUB Connects. This event will highlight Teachers College and Barnard College’s research expertise in the areas of education, psychology and health, showcase successful collaborations across the three campuses, and provide networking opportunities for both early career and senior faculty during a poster session and reception.
With federal agencies and foundations’ increased emphasis on innovative interdisciplinary research, DEI, and workforce development that impact society, this event will create new opportunities for collaborations and community building between faculty at Teachers College, Barnard College, and Columbia University to expand the intellectual merit and broader impacts of their work.
We look forward to seeing you there and exploring potential synergies and collaborations.
3:00 START OF EVENT (Registration and Sign-in)
3:15-3:30 Intro Remarks (Low Library Faculty Room)
- Carol Hammer, Vice Dean for Research, Teachers College
- Jeannette Wing, Executive Vice President for Research, Columbia University
- Thomas Bailey, President, Teachers College
- Linda Bell, Provost, Barnard College
3:30-4:15 Lightning Talks
- Peter Coleman, Professor, of Psychology and Education, Department of Organization and Leadership, Teachers College, Columbia University; Director of the International Center for Cooperation and Conflict Resolution (ICCCR) and the Co-Director of the Advanced Consortium for Cooperation, Conflict, and Complexity (AC4) at The Earth Institute, Columbia University.
- Alex Bowers, Professor, Professor of Education Leadership in the Urban Education Leaders Program, Department of Organization & Leadership at Teachers College, Columbia University and Faculty Affiliate of the Data Science Institute, Columbia University.
- Nathan Holbert, Associate Professor, Communication, Media and Learning Technology Design, Teachers College, Department of Mathematics, Science & Technology, Teachers College, Columbia University.
- Yolanda Sealey-Ruiz | Associate Professor, English Education, Teachers College an Associate Professor of English Education in the Department of Arts & Humanities at Teachers College, Columbia University
- Caryn Block | Professor, Psychology and Education, Teachers College, Professor of Psychology and Education in the Social-Organizational Psychology Program, Department of Organization & Leadership at Teachers College, Columbia University.
- Lori Quinn | Associate Professor, Neurology/Center for Movement Disorder Surgery, Teachers College, Professor of Movement Science and Kinesiology in both the Motor Learning and Control & Movement Science and Education Programs, Department of Biobehavioral Sciences at Teachers College, Columbia University.
- Sonali Rajan | Adjunct Associate Professor, Epidemiology, Teachers College, Associate Professor of Health Education in the Department of Health and Behavior Studies at Teachers College, Columbia University. She holds a secondary faculty appointment in the Department of Epidemiology at the Mailman School of Public Health.
- Chandler Patton Miranda | Assistant Professor, Education & Urban Studies, Barnard College
- Alex White | Assistant Professor, Neuroscience & Behavior, Barnard College
4:15-4:20 Closing remarks
- Dennis Mitchell | Executive Vice President for University Life; Senior Vice Provost for Faculty Advancement, Columbia University
4:20-6:00 Reception/Poster Session in the Low Library Rotunda
Poster assignment TBD