The new NSF Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide (PAPPG) (NSF 23-1) took effect this week for proposals submitted on, or due on or after, Monday, January 30, 3023. To assist with the creation of NSF’s new Biographical Sketches and Current & Pending (C&P) Support formats, we provide you with the following:
- Have I Included…? - a questionnaire to assist you with ensuring all projects and in-kind contributions are included in the C&P form.
- The Rascal Other Support Tool - a starting point to assist researchers in identifying current and pending sponsored projects required to be disclosed in Other Support/Current and Pending Support forms for federal agencies. Researchers can download an Excel report to send to administrators assisting with C&P Support. The Other Support Tool contains only proposals from and awards to Columbia. It does not include other information required in C&P Support, such as in-kind contributions. The researcher is responsible for including all required information.
- NSF’s video and slide decks from their recent webinar on the revised Biographical Sketches and C&P formats, with a SciENcv demonstration.
- The Biographical Sketch and Current & Pending (Other) Support formats contain a new certification requirement, in accordance with Section 223(a)(1) of the William M. (Mac) Thornberry National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2021 (42 USC 6605(a)(1)). Senior personnel are required to certify that the information provided in their Biographical Sketch and Current and Pending Support documents are accurate, current, and complete.
- The signature requirement cannot be delegated and must be completed by the person submitting the biographical sketch or current and pending support.
- If using the PDF-fillable forms, you should not use DocuSign, or any other e-signature software. The certification requires a typed name and date only. Using an e-signature will generate errors upon proposal submission.
- If you choose to use SciENcv, we strongly encourage you to view NSF’s webinar first to learn the latest information on how to use SciENcv to include the newly required certifications.
- SciENcv will be required beginning October 23, 2023. At that time, the PDF-fillable versions will no longer be available or accepted.
Please feel free to contact your SPA Project Officer with questions.